September 2, 2010

30 day challenge - part iv

Let's continue on with the exciting 30-day challenge! So far, its taken me four days to get through the first 20...I like this trend! Again, if you're itching to catch up, visit parts one, two and three by clicking on the respective number. Or, moving right along to days 11-20. Enjoy!

Day 11 – a habit you wish you didn't have
Well, I mentioned this in an earlier post (a pile of clothes), but I really wish I wasn't so inclined to having a pile of clothes on my bedroom floor! I think I've been better since I wrote that post (although there was a mild explosion upon returning from our week at camp, as the entire week's packing ended up beside my bed; but that's beside the point). Although improving, this is definitely a habit I wish I didn't have! 

Day 12 – something you are OCD about
My handwriting. Anyone who knows me will surely agree with me here - its very important for me to have tidy, beautiful handwriting, I just can't help it! But, it sure makes my work notes, school notes and to-do lists look very pretty! 

Day 13 – a fictional book
Hmm, I talked about some of my favourites in a recent post (my favourite reads...), but one I didn't mention there was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Its a really interesting book - with a rather unique premise. I would definitely recommend reading it if you have a chance, or if you're feeling lazy, you can just watch the movie, which I haven't seen, so please don't ask me for my opinion!



Day 14 – a non-fictional book
I don't think you can ever go wrong with Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl. I'm not sure I can even count how many times I've read this one over the years. If you haven't read this, your school system has failed you. Please immediately run to your nearest bookstore or library and get a copy. Thank you.

Day 15 – your dream house
Ooh, I wonder if my wonderful real estate agent is reading this?! ha ha! My dream house will be large, but not too large! Minimum 4-bedrooms, 3-bathrooms with a spacious master bedroom with an ensuite bathroom that boasts a soaker tub and stall shower. 

It will definitely have a big family room, big dining room and huge kitchen so I can entertain big groups of family and friends. And one GIANT pantry (that is perfectly organized and stocked) so I can entertain on a whim, and cook fabulous meals each night! In fact, everything will have awesome organizational ability - hidden drawers, closet organizers, secret storage compartments, etc. My home will also have a beautiful window seat on the sunniest side of the house, where I will sit and read!


The basement will likely be converted to a music studio for my hubby, so he can have that floor. (Aren't I sweet honey?!)

I will have a gardener who looks after all of my pristine landscaping, and a housekeeper who keeps my abode party-ready at any time. The house will be nice and tidy, but lived in and homey, and likely full of toys! Everything will have hand-selected designer furniture, decor and although my lovely dog Dakota will live there, it will somehow magically be dog-fur free!! 


Excuse me, I need to go negotiate a raise.

 
Day 16 – a song that makes you cry (or nearly)
"My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw. My dad played it for me at my wedding, and although I was so worried about the length of his speech in the moment (ever the planner), every time I listen to it now I'm in tears. Its beautiful. 

 
Day 17 – an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
I most proudly display my daughter's art work right now...its the most adorable thing ever! 

 
Day 18 – my wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Ahh, my wedding. It was the most fabulous day...everything was done in teal and black, and it looked perfect for a good, Canadian winter wedding! (We were married in November). We had 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen and my photographer called me Tricia all day. Umm, thanks - my name is Kristin. 

The party lasted to the wee hours of the morning, and I'm proud to say I still have friends who talk about our wedding nearly 4 years after the fact. I loved my dress, had a gorgeous coat that my mother-in-law handmade for me, and my girls looked stunning in their dresses too. Of course, mango calla lillies were our flowers! I'm happy to say that if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing...especially my groom.

 
Day 19 – a talent of yours
I can share a shot perfectly with my darling friend Ashley. We're very proud of this accomplishment. Just ask us; we'll show you. 

Day 20 – a hobby of yours
Right now, running! I took up running this past spring and I absolutely love it! I took a clinic through Running Room and completed my first 5k race in July. The girls in my clinic were awesome, and since the end of the clinic the group of us have continued running together on our own time and we are training to complete a 10k race at the beginning of November. 


Until next time...

12 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Hello stopping fro BMBF!

I'd love if we'd follow one another!
What a sweet blog you've got here!

I always follow back!

Happy Friday!

B

Betty Manousos said...

Stopping by to thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog (it means a lot!) and for the follow!
Proudly I am now return the same. :)

Nice to meet you and have a lovely day!

B

Trishy said...

LOVING the 30 Day Challenge... you're too cute!!!
I had NO IDEA that your photographer on your wedding day called you Tricia all day! Wierd??!!

Keep up the blogging Krinny! I enjoy it.... A LOT!

Love you.
Trishy xoxo

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Hi new friend! Returing your follow! So glad I got to read up on some little more tid bits about you too:) I just started running and UGH...is it hard! Very proud of you! Can't wait for more good stuff:)

Truthful Mommy said...

I am your newest follower. Hope you can follow back! I Am trying to reach my goal of 1000 followers by my birthday, 9/25! Happy Friday!
www.motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Betty - happy to be following your stories!

Trishy - yup, I was Tricia through most of my wedding day. Every time someone went to correct him he threw in a Kristin for good measure, but then went right back to Tricia. Good thing the pictures were nice...needless to say, he won't be doing any family photo shoots!!

Chana - welcome!! Thanks for following...glad to hear you're starting to run too - its not easy. I think the key is having great people to go with!! Looking forward to reading along with you!

Truthful - I'll be glad to follow you...good luck with the birthday challenge!!

Unknown said...

Hi..following from bloghop...would love to have you follow back!
Have a look at my $35 CSN Giveaway while you are there.
http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

Alisha K said...

Hello I am a new follower from BMBF. I would love a follow back at
http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Wait a minute... you still need a muffy bedroom, better make it 5. I'm having the bedspread made as we speak.

By the way, I'll be looking for a job in a few months. Get on that raise, I'll brush up on my cleaning skills.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm your newest follower via Boost your blog Friday.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

Marie (hope you'll come by for a visit sometime, I love new followers.)
The Things We Find Inside

Faiza said...

giggling! love these posts and the smiles you always give me!

hugs to you!

Kristin said...

Thanks to all my new followers!!

Ash...its a plan...I'll negotiate my raise in the morning. Can you get the pink car again though too?

Faiza...you make me smile too! :)