August 30, 2010

30 day challenge - part iii

Here goes the third installment of the "30 day challenge" I'm doing on my own schedule! Part one and part two can be found here in case you're itching to get caught up! Otherwise, on to a little photo montage that will hopefully make you smile...


Day 7 – a photo that makes you happy
The first was taken at my daughters 1-year photo shoot. Its just so her - being silly, tumbling, and at the time, learning how to be steady on her legs. More importantly, she was full of laughter and glee every time her hands or bottom hit the ground. 

The second was taken at Easter this year - the beautiful dress was given to us by our cousins in Florida, and she just looked like such a little lady as soon as we put it on her. And in typical Lady M fashion, it didn't slow her down from doing anything; she happily played in the garden, examining every rock she could find. Impressively, after playtime, the dress didn't have a speck of dirt on it!


Day 8 – a photo that makes you sad
Well, this one makes me happy and sad. This was taken of our extended family of dogs several years ago, and taking the picture was a hilarious venture in and of itself. It probably took us about 200 shots before we got this one. Even with a brilliant dog trainer in the family, getting six dogs to sit and look pretty in front of a roaring fireplace at the same moment is no easy task! The sad part of this is the sweet little man on the far right was my faithful companion for 14 years, and we had to say goodbye to him last August. So, like I said, happy and sad! 



Day 9 – a photo of somewhere you've been
Our beautiful honeymoon resort in Costa Rica...it was stunning. This was the view from our 'club lounge'. If I could wake up to this every morning, I would be a happy girl!!! 


Day 10 – a photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Well, this is from well over 10 years but it makes me laugh every time I see it. This is my brother and I (clearly in the 80's) but on any given day, if you get the two of us together, we'll likely be seen making the same faces. Some things never change. 




4 comments:

Faiza said...

i remember the day after you took that dog photo. sigh.

if i do the 30 day challenge, will you lend me the photo of you and your allergic reaction on your honeymoon for "a photo that makes you laugh"?

just kidding...kind of.

Kristin said...

Hahaha!! Yes, I might even let you use my dazzling honeymoon photo Faiza...it still makes me laugh every time I see it!!

Ashley said...

Hahahahaha Faiza I just laughed out loud!

I was going to ask if the picture is exactly how you remember it, Krinny, or maybe things seemed a bit more 'panoramic' at the time?

:D

Kristin said...

Umm....perhaps my view was slightly different at the time..
:)